Shell Argina XL 40 (2005)
Medium-speed trunk-piston diesel engine oil.
Shell Argina XL is a multi-functional crankcase lubricant for highly rated medium-speed diesel engines operating on residual fuel. Argina XL is designed for conditions of high oil stress and has been further optimized to improve deposit control.
Performance, Features & Benefits
- Excellent engine cleanliness. Higher detergent than even Argina X, leading to exceptionally clean crankcase, valve deck and pistons. The formulation has been further optimized to reduce deposits in critical areas, e.g. piston under-crown.
- Very high oxidation resistance. Longer oil life and greater resistance to oxidation thickening.
- Extra high Base Number (50). Longer oil life in engines where life is limited by depletion of Base Number (BN). In many cases a satisfactory equilibrium BN level can be maintained, in conditions where this would be impossible with a 40BN oil.
- Very good Base Number retention. Resists secondary loss of Base Number due to oxidation.
- Suitability for centrifugal separators. High detergency/low dispersancy formulation releases contaminants and water readily in centrifugal separators.
- Full compatibility with Argina family. Argina XL can be used to top up engines already running on any other member of the Argina family, giving immediate control of BN without the need for an oil change.
Technical Data Sheet (TDS), Click in below link :
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Click in below link :